Captured Thoughts
You know when your phone doesn't turn on and you're like...oh man is it time? Has it really happened? Has my phone finally decided it's the end?? Is this REALLY the DEMISE of life AS WE ONCE KNEW IT???!! See how I used "we" in an attempt to make the situation relatable? Lol, I'm kidding...there goes my career as a psychologist! Anyway, I'm currently trying to retrieve a Whatsapp conversation so I can share some poetry with you. I'd just like to give some context for what I'm going to share but my phone really isn't switching on right now 😶😶😶. Well, if it decides to work I will post the poem below...if not, well I guess you won't be reading this post and my typing it would have been pointless to say the least.
So I saw this post on a Telegram channel:
BE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!
By Allāh, a person can never remind himself of the Hereafter while his eyes look at people, his ears listen to people, his tongue talks with people and his heart is being too busy seeking what he needs to have.
Book: Captured Thoughts
By al-Hāfiz Abū'l-Faraj Ibn al-Jawzī
Translated and Published by
Dār as-Sunnah Publishers
P. 765
So I was inspired by this tremendous statement and wrote a few lines; it was the first time I had written something is aaaages. Most definitely a revival:
Are your eyes busy
wondering behind closed curtains
Are your ears busy
with tales of the wealthy
Is your tongue busy
tasting the food of the privileged
Is your heart busy
seeking that which hasn't been written
Glorified be He Who blessed you
with these organs,
Oh soul of mine, what has come of you?
In my previous post I mentioned once having a Tumblr account. Well, years later, I'm still in contact with two sisters who I met on the site; StrangertoSociety is a fellow writer and this is her take on the original post:
A mind that is occupied with riddles and rhythms of words that do not reach the hearts but yet are witnessed by the eyes and are deciphered by the ears yet lost in translation has no benefit for the soul of the one who continues in trying to find its meanings while the world passes him by.
Umm Raadiyah

Comments
Post a Comment