Questions of the Heart

So Baby Roo is sat next to me as I ponder on my position in life and what it means to be who I am. She's frustrated and looking for the chickenpox hidden on the side of her leg. When I read about the death of author Jill Murphy I thought to myself, how many children read her books or had her books read to them growing up?

--- No doubt, this will be a regular theme of my blog: starting, pausing, draft, continuing, possible draft, publishing. BUT the main thing here is that I return and don't give up on my goal. I AM MANIFESTING. Disclaimer: This is in no way associated to the "law of attraction" or other similar beliefs. It is simply my use of the word manifest in its various forms to portray the act of me being me; moving towards my goals and just DOING. So, I'm back to add onto this post that I started writing on Aug 29th 2021, as I have a new-found (again) passion for writing (yesss it sort of died for a couple of months, I didn't have writer's block or anything I just forgot "what it means to be who I am" (I'm just casually quoting myself in the same post and using brackets within brackets because that's how I dooo) and now I'm here reclaiming my spot on my blog with a snippet of a poem I started writing a couple of nights ago). Truthfully, no one follows my blog 😆 but I'm going ask the question anyway, what do you think this poem is about/does it resonate with you in any way? --- 


From the dot in the soil

to the pleasant tickle of your nostrils,

as an arm cradling a bouquet rushes past...

Does the journey from seed to bud

dare to tiptoe into your thoughts?

Do you dare to open your heart

to the many tribulations faced,

the growing pains in every bit of stem?

Each leaf witness to the presence of both sun and rain,

Every petal testifying to the innermost secrets. 

[Journal: 17/01/2022] 🌷


Umm Raadiyah

Comments

Popular Posts