So this font I'm using...ok I'm not going to continue using it lol. It looks way to squished 😐. It's called "Shadows into Light" so I thought it was quite fitting for this blog post but yeah, hold on - Hmmm. I could work with this for now, yeah I quite like it...so tech-y looking lol. Anyway, I was having a conversation today (have no idea if this post will be published today but...you get the drift...(sorry, I know I need to stop using these bloomin' ellipses 😩 I'm addicted!). So yeah, this conversation was so motivational for me, so very much needed and such a great way to kickstart my day, alhamdulillaah. As far as the title for this post goes, you'll totally get it as I continue...and if I stop interrupting myself and using ellipses. Wow. You know what, I have so much going on in my head right now - in a good way - I need to just pause before I try and write this post, otherwise I'll be rambling the whole way down. *Inserts picture*

Ok, I can't help myself. I haven't mastered self-discipline yet so yeah, just bear with me. Ok. So I've realised I really have some deep-set negativity instilled in my subconscious or some sub-place inside me, I dunno. Point is, today (21/03/2021) I have understood a new definition of failure and it was pretty mind-blowing when that realisation took place. However, it also made me realise how negative my mindset had become. I can't truly say why but I know some of it stems from not being truly grateful for the blessings in my life and focusing on the negative aspects. Now I will take a break, reorganise my thoughts and return to this post In shaa Allaah.
(Imagine having to peel all of those lool.)
Ok so I left this post in my drafts for much longer than intended and, sadly, I can't remember everything I wanted to say. But I will return to the point about redefining "failure": failing should not be defined as trying something and not succeeding in it, failing is when you try something and give up because you didn't achieve the outcome that you desired. I guess this definition also goes hand in hand with understanding success as an attempt as opposed to a specific result. And I don't mean this in a mollycoddle type way like the everybody's a winner, you all get a gold medal type thing (I'm sorry lool I had to use that as an example, I'm really not ruthless or unsympathetic but you know...preparing kids for the real world and stuff - but I digress.)
I feel that we can get so caught up in our goal that's waaaay over there that we miss the journey we're on, over here 👋, and constantly question why we haven't achieved our targets. We don't appreciate the self-progression that's taking place in the moment that we so-called "failed" at something and this is what burns through our positive mindset and munches on those little positive neurons in our poor brains (kinda made that up but I'm sure that's almost scientifically correct, dopamine and all that right?)
Now I know it's a lot easier said than done to alter your mindset and look at things in a different way because, at the end of the day, the wrong habits are easy to form yet hard to break. The thing is, instead of focusing on the negativity: why it went wrong, how we're not capable, how far we are from that goal, what we're not good at, etc etc etc, why don't we consider how we're going to improve our approach in order to try again <------------------ THIS is the real success!: Understanding our mistakes and working through them.
So, I've got a butternut squash and I cut my finger while attempting to peel it. Furthermore, this vegetable just does not want to be peeled 😬😬😬. What do I do, give up and go grab a carrot instead? Nope! I truthfully analyse the situation and, heeeyyyy maybe this knife is just way too small for me to be trying to peel squash: I need a bigger knife. After purchasing a large knife more suitable for the job, I succeed in peeling the squash. Now take note, the true success was not peeling the vegetable because, it's not all about the butternut squash. The true success was in the moment I realised the problem (my knife was too small) and made the decision to try and solve it (buying a bigger knife), rather than completely quitting the whole idea (grabbing a carrot).
This conversation that I had is so much +more to me as it really came at the exact time that I needed to hear it and when I was able to truly acknowledge what changing your mindset really means. It's hard work and, of course, I still have a lot to learn but being on this journey is a success in itself. May Allaah never leave us in any of our affairs, aameen.
JazakAllaahu khair, you know who you are 💛
Umm Raadiyah
Comments
Post a Comment