A Cup of Sabr

Oh, how I wish Sabr was a mix of spices and herbs I could steep and pour into my cup every time I was in need of it. Sweet SabrSabr is the Arabic word for patience. Now, I'm not going to get into the linguistics of it, we'll keep it at this dimple definition.  

I always make a joke about believing I was a patient person until having kids and realising I'm not that patient after all! Patience is one of the blessings I ask to be bestowed upon me on a daily basis. When you're able to have sabr in any situation, you can truly be content with whatever trials you are tested with or overcome any obstacle that blocks your path; however, without sabr a person remains in a state of confusion, not knowing which way to turn, with a feeling of carrying the world on their shoulders.

What many of us fail to remember is that true sabr has no limit. The statement of "I can only be patient for so long" doesn't resonate with the real meaning of sabr. To have true sabr is to handle the situation with the expectation of a successful outcome.

So there, my longing for a beautiful warm cup of Sabr lies in the desire to be content in every stage of my life whilst maintaining positivity through a balanced outlook of realistic optimism.                                                                                                                                              

What brew do you often fancy?


“And know that victory comes with patience, relief with distress, and ease with hardship." 

[Saheeh: Related by Ahmad (11308), from Ibn ‘Abbaas radiallaahu ‘anhu. It was authenticated by al-Albaanee in Takhreejus-Sunnah (nos.315-318)]


So I've had this post sitting for a while now and I couldn't tell you exactly why it's taken me so long to publish it. In fact, I have a few incomplete posts that are awaiting my attention. I guess one thing I'm trying to do is take the time to proofread my posts beforehand; as much as I'm down for raw, un-edited, laissez-filtre©* content, I still think some posts deserve to be shown a bit more care before their exposure. Not quite sure if this is an introduction or a conclusion but I'm writing this at the end...without intending to conclude anything in particular so...concluction...I'm definitely on a roll today right?! Yeah, it's almost 1am so you tell me.

Goodnight

Waaaaaiiiiitt! Now I remember what I was getting to! My good friend StrangertoSociety sent me this today 

and it reminded me of this draft; I told her I agreed with the statement but felt that the problem was knowing the solution for this issue. Of course she replied, "Sabr is the solution for everything."

That's all folks!



*So I'm just gonna patent this, knowing my French is terrible and probably makes no sense but idc.
 

Umm Raadiyah

Comments

Popular Posts