Part II

 Part II

So she arrived, alhamdulillaah, 
She is my time, my love, my smile,
I'll invest in her for life; she is more than worthwhile,
She is deserving of my energy
I am weak for her
She is dependent on nourishment
Many times I solely eat for her
I will never be the same; she is my maturity
My body has left futility
It carried another life
I am scarred beautifully
I wouldn't change a single stretch mark 
And I respond to her dutifully
in the hope that one day,
she will attempt to recompense me
With supplications to The Most High
Asking Him to have mercy on her parents
As they raised her when she was young
And so she'll spend these years, bi'ithnillaah,
on a pedestal
But she won't see it through the 
Instructing, punishing, and the dreaded adolescence
- simply, she is beneath me
But the light of my eyes,
the teeth of my smile
and the breath of my laugh
She has given me importance 
and instilled motivation within,
Reminding me of why I should strive not to sin
With her unadulterated presence
She is like the fresh Spring
Whilst being a sweet Summer
through the joy that she brings.

Written at some point during the first year of being a new mother. 

Comments

Popular Posts